Apr 1, 2007

Colleen Rankin Jr.

I hung kitchen cabinets today. It is amazing how satisfying this task can be. My nephew is walking. 10 months and 10 days. He is a Rankin. I know, it is amazing. I am not in the best of moods, so this will probably sound like I am an aweful, hateful person.

My other brother's wife (Katie) is due do have a baby girl on May 14th. Yesterday, they told me that one of the names in the running is Colleen. At first I said that this was not acceptable. The name was already taken in this family and it will not be shared. Than I gave it some thought and realized the awe that would fill a small child when it realizes that I am the one that she was named after. I figure that this will win me the favorite aunt award for sure. My goal is to be the favorite aunt/uncle of all of my nieces and nephews. I realize that the competition my not be very strong on my side of the family, but Katie and Tara have some tough competition on their sides. Still, I am feeling confident. I feel very strongly that sharing my name will seal the deal. In fact, I think that I will encourage all of my siblings to name their future children after some form of my first or middle names.

5 comments:

Class of 2000 officers said...

no way.

that is plagerism.

you have made me chuckle before 9 a.m.

Class of 2000 officers said...

plagiarism.

Sweet T said...

cute.

Unknown said...

Cute. And scary. I wonder what the real Little Colleen was like.

I picture her with a shaved head.

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.