Oct 16, 2004

people are too much...

i was sitting here earlier and i had an epiphany, which lead me into what was possibly the most profound blog i have ever or will ever write. i was writing my closing remarks and suddenly... the electricity went out! now, what may as well be days later, the electricity is back and the thoughts that were there have vanished. i am left with nothing but bits of my former greatness. rather than try to reattempt what was, i am going to go in a whole different direction. i am going to vent.

i often wonder why people and the things they do or say so rarely make sense to me. is the problem that i am amazingly brilliant thus making the actions of all of the far inferior individuals around me seem illogical, or am i just stupid, lacking all common sense, thus leaving me confused by all of the genius' around me? where is this coming from you might ask...

drinking and driving. that is the answer. why, why, why do people do this?! i really just do not understand. seriously people, we all know how much we can drink and still legally be driving home. with this in mind, i am left wondering why it is that i always find myself having to deal with driving my drunk ass (pardon my french) friend home! now dont get me wrong, i would rather drive them home than have them drive themselves home, i just dont like the convincing that it takes to get them to allow me to drive them home. i am sick of hearing statements like "no really, i am fine to drive home. it will be fun, like playing a video game. all i have to do is stay inside the lines." i am not kidding, my friend actually said that to me last night.

i really feel that the best option is not getting drunk, but if you are feeling the need, and yes we all do sometimes, than do what is necessary to assure your safety and the safety of the rest of the drivers in the world. before you go out, call up a friend and do the car pool thing. all that it requires is a little bit of pre-drunken thinking. i know that this might be a lot to ask, but please, if you are incapable of doing it for yourself, than do it for the people that care about you.

thank you for listening. that was a productive vent, i am feeling much better.

No comments: