Oct 19, 2004

oh sweet jingle.

yes, that is right. i signed the papers and i was handed the keys. my own keys... for my own apartment! i cannot begin to express the joy i am feeling within. all the bitter has gone and all i am left with is sweet. it is strange to have house keys. i am not really sure what to do with them. locking the house and taking the keys out of the car is just foreign to me. hopefully these patterns of my past sheltered life will not be a problem for me in the future.

sad thing. i called my dad after the lease signing was all over (he and my mom are on vacation), to tell him all the details. he seemed satisfied with everything i told him. than he asked when i was moving in. since we are painting on sunday, i told him that i would probably move in next weekend. amazing... he did not like that answer. his response, "that just isnt going to work for me, i would rather if you moved out on monday right after you finish painting." gee thanks dad... there is nothing like a swift kick in the ass to get your kid out the door.

No comments: