Oct 18, 2004

the overuse of toilet paper.

i have recently, or maybe not so recently, developed an ever increasing pet peeve. i really am trying, but i just dont understand why people use so much toilet paper. now when i say people, i am referring mainly too my sister, and the occasional other individual here and there (such as sarah wagler). you may find it sad that i am even sitting here talking about such an "issue," but it is really starting to disrupt my life.

the whole situation just flabbergasts me. my sister and i share a bathroom. our houses preferred choice of toilet paper is charmin ultra, and i know that there may be less toilet paper on the roll than the average one ply, but come on. i swear she finishes a roll in like two days, tops, and please, keep in mind, i am almost never home so the excess use cant be blamed on me.

you may think that this seems normal, but it really isnt. i used to live in a house with four other girls, and i am almost positive that we could make a roll of the same charmin ultra last at least three days. this is why i am left so stupified. and yes, maybe you are right, i shouldnt really care how much toilet paper my sister uses. honestly, i dont, the problem i have with the whole situation is that she finishes the roll and never gets a new one out of the cupboard. this leaves me with obvious problems. in the rare case that she does change the TP, somehow it ends up being the last roll in the cupboard, in which case she doesnt run her butt down into the basement and get a new package!

maybe i am looking at this the wrong way. it is possible that my pet peeve isnt so much about how much toilet paper one chooses to use. it would seem rather, that my sister is my real pet peeve. i suppose that the truth will come out when i move in with the other abusive TP user. stay tuned for further updates.

No comments: