Dec 25, 2004

Merry Christmas!

a merry christmas and happy holidays to one and all! i hope that you have been having an enjoyable day. i love christmas. presents are always nice, but i dont think that the gifts have much to do with it. spending time with my family is often incredibly stressful for me, but for reasons i cant explain, that all fades away on this one day of the year. i wake up in the morning, feeling just like a little kid. this is something that i always thought that i would outgrow, that over time, as i matured, christmas would become much less exciting for me. this morning i was watching my mom open a gift and the glee on her face was classic... just like that of a little child and i realized that christmas isnt just for little kids. maybe our society trys to make youthful excitement something that is appropriate for only small children, but my mom is 51 and she lives her life more like a child than many of the children that i see today. i watched her, hoping that when i reach her age, i will still have the heart and joy of a small child. it really is a beautiful thing.

okay, sorry, enough of the sentiment. for those of you avid readers out there, i am sorry for the recent lack of blogging on my part. as is typical, i have been excessively busy, and time has not afforded me this luxury. super exciting for me! i got a laptop for christmas! arent you happy inside?! i am happy inside... you should be too. it really is quite fun.

side note: since i got a laptop, i didnt so much get any other gifts (i am not complaining, just stating), so i got to watch my mom, dad, and sister open their gifts. in the past, it might have bothered me to just sit and watch other people open presents while i opened none, but i really enjoyed it. somehow, i like giving gifts and watching other peoples enjoyment of them, almost or just as much as receiving gifts. it really is an amazing thing, gift giving... great fun. i also enjoy when moms get the gifts that they get for their kids mixed up... example: i asked for a book (it was on my christmas list... we do those in my family) called, The Greatest Stories Never Told. she opened it, and kinda made a funny face (not my sisters kind of reading) and said, "whats this?" i giggled and said, "hey, that was on my christmas list." my mom smiled sheepishly and said, "oops... sometimes i get mixed up... give that to your sister." hehe... it was funny... i love my mom.

well, now that i have succeeded in being completely random, and i am sure intirely unenjoyable, i am going to be running along. merry christmas everyone!

No comments: