Dec 18, 2004

holiday madness...

why does the whole world find it necessary to wait until the last minute to do their christmas shopping? i have my ocasional issues with procrastination... i do understand... but really... the whole world. i may not have such issues with this, except my whole life is disturbed by the fact that it takes me twice as long to get myself anywhere (that is avoiding places such as the mall too). driving in conditions such as these causes me to say fuck far to frequently and to smoke intirely to many cigarettes. yes, not healthy. it is times like these that i dislike living in the city... what ever happened to the nice country roads that i go a smooth 70 and all i ever had to worry about were the mass amounts of deer?

my point... i screeched my tires this morning. it was amazing... driving down market st... at an already frustrating 30mph... a white chrysler mini van pulled out of the turning lane, right in front of me! what the hell! was there room between myself and the car in front of me... no! my response, apply moderate pressure to the breaks and release an expletive. then suddenly (mind you the car in front of me was moving before the white van cut me off) the white van moved its little ass out of my way, and i realized the beige mini van that had been steadily moving in front of me... was stopped! with my cat like reflexes, i slammed on the breaks, the tires began to squeal and my jeep continued to move. wow... it was in a strange way, quite a rush. i didnt hit the beige mini van... sigh of relief. then, slightly amused by the whole thing, i glanced in my rear-view mirror as i started to drive on and i saw the dual skid marks that were nearly 50 yards long. i dont know what came over me, but i began to laugh uncontrollably. well, the man in the beige mini van didnt seem to like that i had nearly rear ended him. i laughed, he glared, flicked me the bird, and i laughed even harder. oh what fun it was.

praise jesus, my jeep has been returned to me! as you may know, i was driving the red, automatic, full door, 2003 jeep, rather than my maroon, manual, half door, 1998 jeep. my life is complete again... i have my friend back and she is running better than ever. minor issue (it may not be an issue though... i am ultimately decide that i like it) it has a new muffler. my dad bought it online... sometimes he isnt the smartest shopper... it is a racing muffler. i kid you not, this thing roars like you would not believe. as if the fact that i already listened to my music far to loud before... to compensate for the new roar, the stereo is at unheard of levels. yeah, i think i might love it.

No comments: