Dec 5, 2004

lost and gone forever

after the several requests of a posted picture, i suppose that i can do that. i just started a new roll of film though, so it isnt going to happen until after next weekend when i finish the roll. sorry, i know i suck, i am just not going to go to that much effort. patience is a virtue my friends.

over the rhine was in town last night, for their annual holiday show here in akron. it was good, not amazing, have definitely seen better, might even be incredibly disappointed about the whole thing. it would have been more enjoyable if mae-mae was with me, but the company was good and the beer was tasty. (they blended the black and tan in my black and tan though... that irritates me). we had people over at our apartment afterwards... that was a first... a rip-roaring good time.

sometimes, the inner workings of my roommates brain patterns throw me for a loop. it was 8 o'clock yesterday evening. we should have been walking out the door, so that we could get a decent spot in the midst of the sardined people occupying the lime spider. but no, she decided that she wanted to sweep and mop the floor. first it was just her room, so i didnt say anything... i dont so much care if she mops her room, and it wouldnt have taken long enough to really annoy me by our lateness. apparently, when sarah starts to clean, she just cant stop because before i knew it, i was sweeping the hallway, bathroom, and piano room so that she could "follow me with the mop." grr. we didnt get there until almost 9 o'clock, and let me just say, our placement in the can of sardines was not good!

mild irritation. maybe i am being silly, but i feel like i am waiting for her all the time. that bothers me. so after the show, we were all milling around, talking, finishing up our drinks (or buying more of them), and people were starting to get restless, so we gathered up to leave. i asked david if he was coming over, and he said, "no, i am going to go out with the band." you all know me, i started freaking out (i do like over the rhine quite a bit). he was all about me coming along too, so i pleadingly looked at my roommate (she was the dd, so where she went, i followed), and she simply said, "no, we cant, everyone is coming over." i was crushed. i begged her, like i have never begged before, and with no remorse whatsoever, she was unwilling to compromise. i am still crushed. i had the opportunity to hang out with one of my favorite bands of all time, and like it was nothing, the whole opportunity passed me by. crushed. sarah, my friend, i love you, but you will be paying for this decision for years. in fact, i may never get over it.

No comments: