Apr 29, 2005

on a lighter note...

The original plans have changed... I am not moving to the apartment that was previously mentioned here. It was decided that we could do better... the place was a little... shall we say... dingy. Instead of settling for this apartment that neither of us really liked, simply because they would allow us to have a dog, we are going with another option. We are moving to the country, and no, we are not planning on eating a lot of peaches. That is right kids... it can be said... we are moving to a farm. (I prefer to stear clear of the whole 'farm' word, but Erin uses it fondly.) Come the end of May, I will be a farm girl once again. We are moving just down the street from my parent's house, to a little farm that my dad bought 7 or so years ago. It will be all our own. With a little remodeling, I think that it will be just dandy. Erin will have her garden, and neither of us will have to pay rent. The dog will live and play happily, and it will be a beautiful thing.

Have I told you recently how much I like Mae Klingler? She is swell. The voice of reason in the midst of chaos. Mae-Mae, there is no one that will ever take your place, and you will always be the "original roommate."

To shed some more light on my life, I feel that it is appropriate to share with you the summer concert schedule, both past and present. It goes a little something like this:

1. Over the Rhine (The Kent Stage, Kent, OH)
2. The Black Keys (The Lime Spider, Akron, OH)
3. Gomez and Cake (Mem. Aud, Athens, OH)
*These have all already happened.
4. Ryan Adams. May 4. (HOB, Cleveland, OH)
5. Over the Rhine. May 27. (The Lime Spider, Akron, OH)
6. The Killers. May 28. (Scene Pavilion, Cleveland, OH)
7. Modest Mouse. June 8. (I don't know where, Cleveland, OH)
8. Gomez, Ben Harper and others. June 22 (Riverbend Music Center, Cincinnati, OH)
9. The Black Keys, Ben Harper, Donavon Frankenreiter and others. July 13. (Blossom Music Center, Cuyahoga Falls, OH)
10. Coldplay. August 31. (I don't know where, Cleveland, OH)

It is all so exciting. The only thing that could make me more happy now is if Pete Yorn decided to tour and came to Cleveland... or Josh Rouse, that would make me happy too. I am flowing over with joy.

1 comment:

Class of 2000 officers said...

the farm is my dream.

did you ever think i would say that?

but for now, city living will have to do. and no garden. but we can purchase locally grown produce at a slightly higher price!

:(