Apr 23, 2005

the hunt goes on.

Lyndsey, I feel your pain. I too have been looking for an apartment that will allow us to have little Lola (that is the puppy), and I have had no luck. She is just a wee little pup. I don't see what the problem is. My response to the constant turndowns has become almost unbearable. To say I am excessively discouraged is a drastic understatement. However, I am trying to keep my head up. We still have just over a month. Something is bound to come around... yes?

I did something new yesterday. Possibly something crazy. Just after 3pm, my roommate and I hopped in the car, drove to Starbucks, got some drinks, than drove 3 hours to the beautiful little town of Athens, Ohio. This part of the trip would have gone on without a hitch, except for the massive construction and stupid drivers. Needless to say, I was dealing with a mild case of road rage.

Upon arrival in Athens, we picked up the lovely Talya Strader, consumed some Pita Pit (how can it be that it had been almost a year since I had this amazing food), then chatted with Talya until she had to go to work at 8pm.

Next was Gomez and Cake. The bands... yes, I have a problem, I know. In my defense, I must say, it is concert season. Eventually, things will die down. Really. This one was a great show. I cannot even begin to express to you how amazing it was. Gomez... yeah, I tried to get them to come home with me, but they didn't seem all that interested. I can't figure it out. I thought for sure that when I told them that I named my hedgehog after them that it would clinch the deal. Maybe next time.

The show ended and then the rains came. It was a sort of torrential downpour. Not my idea of fun driving conditions. So, I got me some grogg, gave TD a final farewell, resumed my position in the drivers seat and we embarked back to the homeland. The drive was not what one would call a pleasant experience. All the cops tailed me (which prevented me from speeding, which if you know me at all, you know that this is a problem), it poured all the way home, I had to get off the highway 3 times before I found an open gas station, and Erin slept all the way home. Don't misunderstand me, it was okay that Erin slept. She had to be at work at 5:30am to open the Starbucks. I was just a little lonely. So I sang... a lot. Drank lots of coffee and smoked lots of cigarettes. We arrived at the casa at just after 3am. It was a crazy, crazy trip. There must be some sort of life lesson or bit of wisdom that I should learn from this trip, but all I can think about now...

This set of knees has got to go. I need to get me some new ones.

No comments: