Apr 9, 2005

crazy drunk ladies.

Why is the world such a sad and crazy place? Today, a woman was crossing the Tops parking lot, just having bought her groceries, and she was hit by a car. Apparently, the driver was driving a bit too fast. The woman died. Last Thursday, a friend of mine died in a car accident. She was broad-sided by a truck, broke her neck and was killed almost instantly. She used to be my favorite Starbucks customer. Why do these things happen? It makes me sad.

Last night the Black Keys were in Akron. We went, because well, I like the Black Keys. I am not sure if it is Erin or me that attracts these obnoxious people, but a drunk 40ish year old woman attached herself to us. The funny of the night was this... I went to the bathroom, walked in the door, and a woman standing before the mirror turned and proceeded to rub my shaved head vigorously. This in unacceptable. I felt as though I had been molested. While this was going on, Erin was left alone with the wasted lady. The conversation is said to have gone something like this... Wasted Lady: "What is your friend's name?" Molnar: "Colleen." WL: "Do you lover her?" M: "Well, she is my friend so, yes, I love her." WL: "Do you want to be involved." M: "No. She is my friend."

Yikes... I think that is real funny. The other funny was when the WL told me that Erin smelled. I looked at her in a confused sort of way and said, "Good or bad?" She proceeded to pinch her nose, shake her head, and say, "Bad." I must state in Erin's defense, she didn't smell bad, and never before have I heard this complaint about her. If anything, I am the smelly one.

Folks, the whole experience was really bizarre. Quite frankly, I could have done without it. The Black Keys were outstanding though. That portion was pure enjoyment. My ears were buzzing at extreme levels when we left though, and I seem to be talking at a much louder level than usual today. That is the price you pay for good music.

No comments: