Mar 14, 2007

USS or is it USG?

I voted in the undergraduate student elections this morning. It was relatively satisfying, but also quite frustrating. How am I to make a well informed vote when they have provided me with no information? A small link here or there might have been nice. Instead, I had to compile the many fliers that had been dispersed across campus for the past weeks and try to make an educated guess. Two of the ten votes I am quite confident about... the other eight, feeling a little bit uncertain. I hope that my instincts have not steered me wrong.

There was a vote on a referendum of the Undergraduate Student Senate to change the constitution... bylaws... I don't know what it is called. If passed we will have a new Undergraduate Student Government, and a new position for a senator from each college (this I think is quite a good idea). My beef, which I think that someone should go about addressing immediately, is the titles of the officers. Executive director... why can't they just call it president so that I don't have to be confused and spend ten minutes trying to figure out what I am actually voting for. Politics. It is so not user friendly, and they wonder why so few of us vote.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yo...it's 513.281.1693.

Love ya!
m