Mar 6, 2007

to you.

I just spilled coffee all over myself. This is frustrating because I just washed my pj pants last night. So, I was a bit annoyed then I looked down at the many spots and it make me think of Lyndsey spilling coffee on my pjs and blanket over and over again. That made me smile, which was nice and made spilling hot coffee all over my leg worthwhile.

Thinking about spilling coffee and the resent events of the Johnson family got me to thinking about my past physical ailments. Particularly, I thought of the appendix and the cancer which followed. I think that people go a lifetime looking for friends like the three of you. Talya, you made me do something that I wouldn't do for myself, and when I argued, you called my mom to proove to me that you were right. Then you took me to O'Blenness and made sure that they took good care of me. You sat there for my first pap, and held my hand when I felt like I was dying, and they didn't know what was wrong with me. Thank you. Lyndsey, you got yourself out of bed so that Talya could take a test and I wasn't alone. Then there was the enema... it is far beyond the call of friend duty to do that. When it was all over you were there to take me to the follow-up and listen to me talk about how I was really not understanding that he just told me I had had cancer. Thank you. Mae you were there when I slept, when I woke up, when I slept, and when I woke up. You were sanity to my mom... she still talks about you sitting there and talking to her when she hadn't had a break all day, and how nice it was, and how badly she needed it. Many friends would have come into the room, saw that I was sleeping and said, "Ah, well tell her that I was here." You are the type of friend that just sits there, because you know that it isn't about me being awake, it is about you being there. So, you talk to my mom, and laugh at me when I try to talk for two minutes but fall asleep instead. Thank you.

Thank you for being that kind of friend to me. I am sorry when I forget how important you are. I love you.

3 comments:

Class of 2000 officers said...

mama feels it in her loins.

that's as close as I can get to saying how I actually feel. I gave up talking about how I miss you for Lent.

Sweet T said...

i am crying... i want friends like you again... the kind that i can be my worst and you are mad because you are strong people and then you can forgive me later. you too mae... i don't know if you know that i love you... but i do. i miss 20 monty... but not because it was fun.

crankin said...

talya... i thought we still were friends... "but not because it was fun"... priceless and very funny.