Nov 5, 2004

what happened ohio?

prior to election day, i knew that our nation had some big problems. now, however, i realize things are far worse than i had imagined. i woke up on tuesday morning ready to vote, feeling very satisfied with my desision to vote for john kerry. i went to work, and based on the random radio exit polls, it seemed as though the votes were leaning in my (or really kerrys) favor. despite my complete exhaustion after work, i dragged my butt out to granger township and punched the neccessary holes, checked for chads, got my "I voted today!" sticker, and went home, feeling like my vote was in fact going to make a difference. wednesday morning, i woke up, and slowly as the morning progressed, my hopes were shattered. really, it was bad enough that kerry lost and we are going to have to suffer through another four years of the ignorant dumb ass that is george w bush, but to make my wounds more painful, he won more popular votes than any candidate has in any other election... in history... ever... we are talking since 1776! i am baffled... how could this have happened?

making matters worse, i have have to buy laura dinner, because stupid me bet her that kerry would conquer and bush would suck it up big time. but no, he lost, i have to buy dinner, and deal with her rubbing the lose in my face. now is that really neccessary... i would never had done such a thing if my candidate had won. all those damn republicans. grr.

No comments: