Nov 19, 2004

drawing a blank

do you ever forget how much you really love someone? i do... all the time. it is not as though i forget why i love someone or that i do at all, i just forget how much. on one of those days... like today... suddenly... it all comes rushing back. example: when lyndsey johnson (to me she will always be johnson... the whole teter transition isnt going to work for me) makes statements like, "I have the ability to breathe life into something that may be otherwise heard and forgotten...." this may seem insignificant to many, but it sums up so many of the reasons that i love lyndsey so much. really the statement isnt amazingly funny or entertaining, but i sat here and laughed and than was overwhelmed by the warm feelings that i have for this friend. (sorry, that may have been incredibly sappy.) and then mae says things like, "People that will always be in the top 10 on my speed dial: the Lynzer, Gracie, Colleen, and probably seven other people." it just makes me feel good. sometimes, knowing that i have friends like this makes me want to pee. i cant help it.

note to self... and all those of you out there who might be as stupid as i am: never ask your roommate a question like, "do you ever feel like you are living a double life?" yeah, i guess that was bad. for those of you who know me well, it is often hard to determine where thoughts like this come from. often times, i sit thinking about random things, reflecting over issues of myself. then i feel inspired (for reasons i dont know) to ask or talk about it with whomever is nearby. apparently, this is a bad idea. regardless of what i do to try to intro the question and establish that i am not suggesting something and that nothing more than what i am saying should be read into it, i am always taken the wrong way. why is it that the inner workings of my brain make so much sense to me, but they are so confusing and bizarre to everyone around me?

if i do my roommates laundry and i find money in the washer after the cycle has finished running, do i get to keep it? if it were a large sum of money, naturally, i would give it to her, but what if it is say, $4? that sounds like a reasonable tip for doing someone elses laundry... is that wrong?

when they tell you on a prescription that you shouldnt consume alcohol with this medication... they are serious. i am taking this stuff called bioxin for my sinus infection and it is one of those particular drugs. last night, i was sitting around my apartment chatting it up with my roomie, and i was feeling like a beer. i thought about the whole medication thing and decided that it would be fine... i didnt have anywhere to drive. so, i had a (meaning 1) beer and it totally threw me off because it felt as though i had just finished my 4th beer. it was weird... definately had the whole chatty cathy thing going on... out of control. also interesting... i thought the buzz would go away in like 30 minutes. oh no, it lasted like 2 hours. i am not sure if i should be worried, but i am drinking tonight. it was preplanned, not something that i can just change. if 1 beer did that to me, i am not sure how i am going to handle the 6 or so that i will probably consume this evening. hmmm.

that is all. sorry about the lengthiness, i just cant seem to keep them any shorter. is that a problem?

No comments: