Nov 17, 2004

i said it first

for those of you who are readers of my blog as well as mae klingler's i feel that there is a bit of explanation that needs to happen. previously, i was just fine with not explaining myself, but in a recent phone conversation with my good friend mae, she dissed me for making the same introductory statement in my blog as she has on her blog. if you were a member of the 20 monty family, you know of what i speak. if you werent privleged enough to be a part of our family, i will shed some light on the situation.

the quote "you cant always be happy with what is going on in the living room" is mine. i made this statement to one lyndsey johnson while driving in the car from athens to columbus this past spring quarter. well lyndsey was quite amused with the phrase, so she kept the saying alive. it was something that was remembered at different times for each of us. example: when mae and lyndsey were goofing around in the living room (which happened quite frequently) and annoying the rest of the house, it was understand that the annoyed parties would remember that "you cant always be happy with what is going on in the living room" and either deal with it, or leave the room. in the case that the annoyed party was unable to remember this, mae was often found with a broad smile and a little giggle, followed by, "well, you cant always be happy with what is going on in the living room." than she would continue on her merry little annoying way. (mae, i love you, i am just trying to make a point).

it would seem that mae attached herself to the phrase in much greater ways than i had originally thought, because at the height of its life in our house, she posted it at the top of her newly created blog (which incidentally is generally quite entertaining and you should check it out if you havent already
maeklingler.blogspot.com). this would have been fine with me, except, she didnt give me credit for it... it was after all, originally my quote... it was created deep in the juices of my inner brain. all that i wanted was something like "You cant always be happy with what is going on in the living room. -Colleen Rankin" it doesnt have to be a big deal, just a little recognition. but no! mae said that i was being stupid... that is didnt matter... it is just a little statement... not even a big deal (which is really true, i just like making a big deal out of nothing). ultimately, i got nothing. the quote is still there, and still, all readers are left thinking that she made it up, rather than me.

so i created my own blog and i used my own quote at the top. it isnt necessary that i give myself credit because it is on my blog! when mae stumbled upon it, she laughed and said that it was rather lame that i felt it necessary to use the same ideas that she has already exhausted. that may be the case, but i will not rest until the credit that is due is given to me. so i say to you mae klingler... you may think that you are getting away with it, but i know the truth! and i know that someday, justice will be served.

yikes... how lame am i that i just wrote an entire blog on something so ridiculous. oh well, i guess that is the whole point of the blog itself.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Also in that phone conversation if you will remember...."Well, you write an entry for me and I'll write one for you."

I poured my heart into that entry! I come home the next day, eager to see what delights could possibly await me at colleenrankin.blogspot.com to see that the entry goes something like, "blah blah and then mae was on the phone and then sarah blah blah blah..."

Nice.

Thanks.

Haha. Just kidding, but you better make it up to me.