Jan 23, 2006

Today, I was thinking about being taken advantage of because being more skilled than others. There is a part of me that thinks that this makes complete sense, then there is that little bit that thinks it is ridiculous. What do you think?

Joe Schmo is a shitty worker, and when he does do a job, he does a half-ass pish-posh job. You however, take pride in what you do, even if you don't feel too passionate about it. It is all about principle and character, so when you do a job, you do it well. In a perfect world, you make more money than Joe and you get more respect and the better jobs and what not. Instead, in the real world, Joe makes more money than you because he has worked there for forever, and because the boss knows that you are going to do the job better than Joe, he gives you all of the shitty grunt work. Joe gets all the good stuff, the easy stuff.

My dad has been telling me, since I was 3 or 4, that life isn't fair. I wonder if I will ever begin to grasp it, or if I will forever be irritated when it continues to not be fair.

That is the kind of day I had. Plus, the battery on my iPod died at approx. 2:30pm. It was sad.

No comments: