May 13, 2007

I fixed the electricity.

I don't know what has happened to me. Was I very adult like and responsible when I lived with you last year? I am of the opinion that responsibility is one of those things that you grow into. Every person has a certain natural amount of the stuff, as in, some are just more naturally responsible than others. From that natural point, is there just a progression of increased responsibility or do we never pass that point and just further mature into the responsibility that was already there? Or, do we just one day wake up and suddenly find ourselves as adults and all of the stuff (i.e. responsibility) that we find is just what being an adult is?

It is also possible that my OCD has just gone out of control, or it could be all of the above. I am really at a lose of understanding.

I finished my Spring semester at Kent State. All in all, I would say that it was quite a success. I participated in my first public protest (war), attended my first academic symposium (on democracy), and I think that I might have grown as a person (intellectually, and emotionally). I am very much at peace with myself, my choices, and the direction that I am moving in (something that I have been looking for for years). I suppose better late than never.

Sorry, I failed to take pictures, but I tore down a barn Thursday/Friday, all by myself, and with my bare hands. It was amazingly satisfying, and now I look at that bare ground and feel great. I only found one dead animal (I think that it was a groundhog (two halves of one whole) but not really sure). The injuries were minor: hammer dropped on ankle causing minor gash, big board dropped on knee causing large goose egg and giant bruise, and hole in right ring finger caused by I have no idea what.

Soon, there will be a bonfire. I will keep you informed.