Feb 4, 2006

standards.

I used to have them. Standards, principles, and what not. Recently, it has occurred to me that I might have lost them somewhere along the way. Some of them are still there, but one in particular was there. I used to be very much against stealing music. Downloading off the internet was very taboo, and every once in a while I would burn a cd for a friends, but I usually felt really bad afterwards and always made sure that they understood that if I was to give them this cd, they could listen to it for one week. If they liked it they were to go out and purchase a copy of their own, or they were to throw it away if they did not like it. I felt good about having these standards.

They are gone. I think it happened when I moved into 1111 Jefferson Ave. I stopped caring about the right and wrongs of music downloading. First, I just burned it from other people. Now, I am taking it off of the internet. It is wrong. I am stealing. I know that I have to stop, but I don't know if I have the strength. You see, I feel like it is not only about stopping. I think that I should get rid of all the music I stole too.

Is this crazy? The fact of the matter is that I liked myself better when I didn't steal from these artists. I feel better as a person of principle. Other people thought I was being ridiculous, but I felt good about it. Now, I just feel like a bad person.

2 comments:

Class of 2000 officers said...

sounds like you still do care chicky baby. where's my call?

Sweet T said...

I think maybe you should get busy throwing away some music. If it's worth it, you'll buy it.