Feb 9, 2006

license to drive



I got my lift truck drivers license last week. It was a little bit scary. It is really a sweet deal. I got a certificate and card saying that I am an authorized lift truck operator, legally this authorizes me to operate anywhere in the U.S. Such a deal... I know that you are jealous.

Yesterday, I spent about 6 hours on the thing and now I think I hate them. However, I am a pro. I feel like I should say that my machine is much more attractive then the one above. Sadly, the selection of pictures on the internet of the proper Yale lift truck is quite sparse.

Have you ever heard of mixing a wheat beer with raspberry puree? Seriously, it is the beer of the month at the Winking Lizard this month. I didn't try it; it frightened me. My logic is this, wheat beer is not so good (in my humble opinion... although, I don't think that I have ever met anyone who likes it), then you go and mix it with something as peculiar as raspberry puree, and well, that is too much. Lime is one thing, and I have even gone as far as an orange, but if it was meant to have raspberry puree in it, they would have included it in the bottled package. Really, what will those crazy kids think of next?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is awesome. i always wanted to drive the tow motor fork lifts at mameco. way to be. i AM totally jealous

Sweet T said...

remember how you are calling me...

shorttallnotatall said...

i have to say, wheat beer is pretty delicious, in my also humble opinion. though i wasn't very impressed with the "purple haze," as it is called.