May 6, 2005

Ryan Adams is a gorgeous speciman of a human being. This is something that all of you should know. Making him even more irrisistable, he is quirky... possibly even strange... definately entertaining, in the personality sort of way. That voice. Oh, I could listen to it all day. Stage presence, quality. He is really one of the best performers and artists that I have ever seen or heard. This is a show that will be remembered for years to come. I saw him on Wednesday night. I tried for 2 days to not say anything about it because I said that I was't going to talk about concerts here anymore, but I couldn't contain myself. Sorry.

Arnie's reopened last night. If you are unfamilier with Arnie's, it is my favorite bar in Akron. We have had a strong bond since late 2002. In the end of March, Arnie's closed to relocate. Than for more than a month and a half they were closed to remodel their new location. It was a hard time for me. For about the last 3 weeks, Erin and I have been taking turns calling and asking them when they would reopen. The last week and a half, we have called every day. Yesterday, we called twice (I understand, we might be a bit excentric, but Arnie's is not a matter to be taken lightly). It finally happened, they opened. So we got the possy together and off we went.

The synopsis is this. Good, but not great, and it is certainly not what it used to be. There are a few theories that stand in my favor. (1) Last night was Sinco d'Mio (sorry, I am sure that I spelled that wrong), therefore the massive amount of scantily clad ladies could be attributed to that. (2) It is "the new bar in town" so lots of people (the annoying non-regulars) will want to see what it is all about. (3) Location... it is not downtown, and it is not in the valley. This is almost a gureentee that it will not be frequented by the weekend drinkers because they cannot walk from bar to bar. Their social needs will not be satisfied at Arnie's.

I will not give up my claim. This is my bar. The meat eaters cannot have it. This bar is reserved for the cool old people, and the non-conformists such as myself. If my theories prove to be wrong, I just don't know what I will do with myself. It is possible that my life will never be the same.

1 comment:

Sweet T said...

hehe Cinco de Mayo.