May 7, 2005

the baby.

I don't know that I have told you about the baby. She is great. I have progressed with her through the growing. She is just over a year and a half and oh so cute. Her name is Ava. She has many friends. We are all of the Starbucks baristas, former (such as me) and present that were there through her fetal stages, birth, and subsequent growth period. She loves me. I love her. To Ava, I am not 'Colleen,' I am 'Cayeen.' It is so cute. You should hear her say it.

She likes to swing. The entire time that she swings, she says, "weee!" No matter how long she is on that thing, the word is never absent. It is hilarious. I like to go to the park with her, and I like to push her on the swing. Before she associated my name with me (she knew my name, and she knew me, but she didn't identify the two as going together), every time that she saw me, she would smile real big and quizically say, "wee?" Can it get much cuter than that? She really is the best kid ever. Someday, I want to have bunches that are just like her.

A sad thing happened this evening, but something great came out of the sadness. A bunch of us went to dinner at Otani (Japanese hebachi type place), Ava and her mom came because Bird's (we call her Bird because she is one of the five Erins, so last names are used to distingwish) husband was at work. Jason (Bird's husband) manages a locally owned pizza joint. Well, this evening, he was delivering a pizza and his car was stolen (watch out Chris, I guess that this is a common problem). So, Bird had to go and get Jason. Erin and I got to watch the baby! It was the most fun ever! I just love that kid.

That is all, I just had to tell you about the baby. Oh, and in case you were dying to know, the other Erins are as follows: Molnar (my roommate), Bird, Alsip (the only boy of said name), Endres (my former roommate), and Crise (she is the newest addition, and taking on another Erin was a major problem at first, but she is cool, so we think we might keep her around for a while).

2 comments:

Sweet T said...

Your sister isn't on the list?

crankin said...

my sister isnt on the list because those are the list of erins that work at starbucks. the list would be quite unmanagable if i listed all of the erins that i know.