Sep 1, 2005

mud and sweat.

Columbus happened last night. There is so much to say, I don't know where to begin...

Did you know that every Wednesday night is bike night at Quaker Steak & Lube? I wanted to go there for dinner but nope, too busy. So instead I met Lyndsey at Max & Erma's. It was lovely to see Mrs. Teter. It had been over 6 months. That seems so not possible to me. Sorry, about that, but thanks for taking the time out of your busy news reporting life.

Dude, Lyndsey took half of an opened Newcastle home in her purse. I guess that 3.75 is too much to pay to not get to finish the whole thing. She is a crazy little one.

Next we went to see Coldplay. It took 20 minutes to get across a bridge to the entrance of Germain Amp. It was crazy, then they made us park in the mud.

We had great seats. Coldplay was great. I like those little British accents. So the show was outstanding, really great. Played all the best songs, great lights, good crowd response, all super. Then, an amazing thing happened. During the encore, Chris Martin left the stage, ran into the crowd and stood there while singing. Mind you he was surrounded by security the entire time. Well, when he walked right in front of me (we are talking 2 feet. he had to pass our location to get out into the crowd.) I freaked out a little bit. This was suprising because I don't generally respond to such things in such a way. This is when I almost peed my pants. Then, he finished his song and ran back towards me. It was at this time that I reached out and touched his sweaty right sleeve (around the elbow/forearm region). I felt the sweat... he really was quite sweaty.

It was amazing... I really cannot even begin to explain it to you. Shortly there after, the show ended and we all began our trek back to our vehicles. The parking lot was a mud pit and it took forever to get out. Mind you I didn't get my jeep stuck in the mud, I was stuck in the traffic, in the parking lot. I think it might have taken a good hour or two. Laura actually fell asleep in the passenger seat next to me long before we got out of the lot. Then she slept all the way home.

It was a long drive and my knee was not in a good state, but it was all worth it. Even if I hadn't touched Chris Martin it would have been a great time. So, in response, the concert was just dandy.

No comments: